Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Graduation

I graduated undergrad at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign this past weekend. Mixed feelings, I guess I had it a little easier because I had a whole semester to slowly accept it. I'm not sad to leave, but instead I'm trying to be happy while reminiscing about my time there. I grew as a person and for that I am glad. I am looking forward to law school insha'Allah. I'm scared that we won't all keep in touch, but I will do my best to keep in touch with those who have helped me grow along the way. I love the school and have a loyalty to it. It has given me so much, and I will hopefully always stay in touch with the people and the institution.

This is a list I'm compiling regarding what I've learned in Undergrad.


-ALWAYS be positive. There is no other way.

-Small things mean so so much.

-Be straight forward. But if being straight forward means being rude, change your thoughts so that there is no such correlation.

-EVERYONE has some good qualities in them. People will surprise you. Assume the best of people.

-Put others before yourself. Selfishness is a scary thing that will lead to scary actions.

-It’s better to be shady because at least then you know what you’re doing is wrong. To be proud of something that’s wrong is a whole nother level, stay away from it.

-Certain people, not even necessarily your closest friends, will do things that you will remember for the rest of your life. Thank them.

-Always help people in any way possible because people have helped you and you owe it to others.

-TRAVEL. As much as possible. Take risks. Cherish youth before old age. (That last statement is part of the "5 before 5 hadith")

-Live, and live hard.

-Effort is all that God asks from you. So give everything your all, never give up, and leave the rest up to God

-If you can’t say bismillah before doing something, what you’re doing is probably wrong anyway.

-Always have at least a few guy friends, even if they're not close friends, in order to keep your sanity.

-Girls can be envious, malicious, and psycho. But there are exceptions. Set aside your pride, and respond to good with better, and respond to evil with good.

-There are exceptions to every rule.

-It's a "cliche" or a common quote, but it's true: People will never forget how you made them feel.

-The race of humanity surpasses any subcategory of race. Unity is important and it is what makes a nation strong.

-Always have good intentions for your actions. If people don't see it, it is their loss.

-People will judge, hate, and talk. The worst response to that is to stoop to the same level.

-Be concise and direct in your writing, persuasive in your speech, and open-minded in your thoughts.

-Figure out your passion and follow it. Don't let anything or anyone stop you.

-Dance, write, run, read, and paint. Always make time for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment