Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Ramadan Mubarak!

Ramadan started. Today was the first day, and it was in the 90s F in Chicago, a Monday, and taraweeh went till late last night and suhur was early in the morning. The hardest part was definitely the no coffee thing. I don't think it's ever been this hard for me, I should prob get rid of my coffee addiction anyhow.

"O you who believe, fasting is decreed for you, as it was decreed for those before you, so that you may attain salvation." [2:183]


Great things about Ramadan:
-It's going on around the world. people in almost every single country, if not every country, are fasting and observing this.
-You feel that blessed feeling
-It's a chance to rejuvenate and renew yourself
-Every good deed is multiplied


This video below says it better than I can. I'm still a little loopy from fasting today and going through my coffee withdrawal

2 comments:

  1. Ramadan Mubarak to every Muslim on the face of the planet! Very good, simple, and clear points that you made about this blessed month.

    ReplyDelete